Our Advanced Nature Guide Course is aimed at guides wanting to graduate to the higher levels of nature guiding. The course content is based on our latest publication The Nature Guide and Nature Guide Namibia, plus the publication The vegetation of SA.
The Advanced Guide Course consists of four phases:
- a preparatory phase (approximately two weeks) during which candidates are given assignments on various topics to prepare them for the course;
- an attendance phase of 12 days;
- a compulsory revision phase of 14 days (at home), with workbook preparation for the written exam.
- and an assignment & exam phase for the biome qualifications
Our courses does not include any first aid training.
Courses will be scheduled on demand in specific areas. A minimum attendance of 8 learners is required.
We also run tailor-made short Guide Courses for Corporate Clients (e.g. Game Lodges and Tour Operators). Such courses can also be run in situ, on request of a corporate client. In such cases the course content and presentation can be adapted to suit the client. Please contact us for more information.
The course meets the requirements of the Skills Programme Nature Site Guide: Level 4, consisting of the following SAQA( CATHSSETA – SOUTH AFRICA NQF 4 Qualification.) Unit Standards:
- Conduct a guided nature experience (335799);
- Care for customers (246740);
- Conduct a tourist guiding activity (335801);
- Minimise and manage safety and emergency incidents (255914);
- Conduct a guided biome experience (335815).